Purpose of Outreach TAs
In alignment with BYU’s strategic plan, the BYU Committee on Race, Equity & Belonging, BYU Undergraduate Education, McKay School of Education, and the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association, the Department of Communication Disorders seeks to establish and maintain a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment for all students, faculty, and staff by creating two Outreach TA positions.
The Outreach TAs will:
- Promote the inclusion and belonging of historically under-represented groups in COMD to address the need for diversity of experiences and perspectives in the profession
- Enhance the cultural educational experience of BYU students by preparing them to address the needs of an increasingly diverse society
Outreach TAs: Shaylee Woods, Ann Marie Trumbo and Samantha Smith
Contact : email@example.com
Resources from BYU
- BYU Careers and Experiential Learning
This office schedules meetings to aid with resume writing, finding internships, and more services relating to information about career exploration.
- BYU International Student Services
- BYU Multicultural Student Services
- BYU Office of Student Success and Inclusion:
Location: 3494 WSC
Blake Fisher, SSA/LGBTQ+ Program Counselor
- BYU Student Organizations
BYUSA clubs and Student Academic Associations
- Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS)
- University Accessibility Center
- Y-Serve Tutoring
- BYU Financial Aid Office
- BYU Financial Fitness Center
This office assists with financial planning and financial education at different stages of life.
- BYU Scholarships
- McKay School of Education Scholarship
- Communication Disorders Diversity Scholarship for Graduate Students
Contact Professor Robinson for more information : firstname.lastname@example.org
Resources from McKay School of Education
Resources from the ComD Program
Resources from ASHA
- Cultural Competency -
- Student Resources -
There are many resources, groups, and pages you can follow on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter you may wish to join to make connections with people with similar interests to yourself.